To help the you understand public relations and how to use these skills, and for those in the industry who want to explain their jobs to their family and friends, here are Few Things Everyone Should Know about Public Relations.
What is Public Relations?
Public Relations is an ongoing Persuasion Business. It’s a strategic communication/promotion process that builds mutually beneficial relationships between organizations and their audience. Moreover, you are trying to convince a selected audience – be it your friends, inside your building or town, and outside your usual sphere of influence, to promote your service/product, purchase your service/product, and recognize your accomplishments.
Public Relations can be used to enhance, secure or build reputations through digital media. A good PR agency will analyze the organization, find the positive messages and translate those messages into positive stories and make a profile notable. When the news is bad, a good agency can formulate the best response, work on it and also mitigate the damage.
Not only a good PR agency can generate positive publicity for their client and enhance their reputation, but they keep the public informed about the activity of their business.
PR With GDM
GDM helps you reach your target audience without facing any obstacles.
Here’s what you get with our PR service:
- Writing and distributing press releases
- Write pitches about a firm and send them directly to journalists
- Creating and executing special events designed for public outreach and media relations
- Expansion of business contacts via personal networking and sponsoring at events
- Writing and blogging for the web (internal or external sites)
- Our crisis PR strategies
- Social media promotions and responses to the negative opinions online
PR vs Advertising
The difference between two of them is of Paid Media and Earned Media, Advertising is paid media, public relations is earned media. Here’s a good chart that can explain you more better about this: