Most of the people think of a search engine as a website they visit to search or type a question on Google, Yahoo or whatever search engine they’re using deliberately replies with a long list of links to webpages that could potentially answer your query.
Well, all those pages that show up on first page of search engine are just because of Search Engine Optimization.
Contents of this article:
- What is Search Engine Optimization?
- SEO & Online Reputation Management: Are they interrelated?
- How is SEO done?
- Search Engine Optimization With Grandiose Digital Media
What is Search Engine Optimization?
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is the practice of working on the pages/posts of your website and increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website with organic search engine results. Not only this brings more visitors to your website, but also increases ranking of your post with the increase in traffic.
SEO depends on the following factors:
- Quality of traffic: The great part of a search engine is that you can attract visitors from all parts of the world. But, if they’re coming to your site because Google or any other search engine tells them you’re a resource for Harley Davidson Bikes when really you’re a businessmen selling phones, that is not considered as quality traffic. Instead, you want to attract new visitors who are genuinely interested in products that you offer i.e. mobile phones.
- How much traffic your site receives: Getting the visitor’s attention part is kind of a big deal, but once you have the right people clicking through from those search engine results pages or SERPs, quantity of traffic is better.
- Organic results: Organic traffic is the traffic which you don’t have to pay for. However, paid search ads make up a significant portion of many SERPs.
SEO & Online Reputation Management: Are they interrelated?
Publishing a variety of great content is only part of the strategy! Now you need to apply Search Engine Optimization to rebuild your search landscape.
How is SEO done?
We understand you! You’re here to consider what’s behind those top-ranking lists of links?
Here’s how SEO works: Every search engine uses something known as a crawler. A crawler collects information about every piece of content that they can find on the Internet. The crawlers bring all the vital information to the search engine to build an index. That particular index is then processed through an algorithm that looks out for matching all that data with your query.
SEO can take many kind of forms.To implement it ‘the right way’, you must make sure that the title tags and meta descriptions are both related and pointing the internal links at pages they are somehow related with.
Search Engine Optimization With Grandiose Digital Media
While GDM does its best to explain all aspects of SEO and its impact on your company’s website in a comprehensive manner, we truly understand that you still may have queries about the way your brand will be managed by us.
Our affordable SEO process aims for complete transparency so you remain constantly informed and involved. Learn more by clicking here.